Looking to move to Hawai‘i?
The Hawaiian Islands are a special place that cannot be matched by other island destinations, which is one reason why people make repeated visits to the Islands each year. It is one of the few places in the world that will give you a warmer, more gracious welcome than the people of Hawaii, the Aloha State. Nearly 140 island, islets, and shoals make up the island chain.
Each of the Hawaiian Islands has a distinctive environment, a unique personality, a measured pace of living and a dominant employment market. Therefore, if you are considering a move to Hawaii, you should know more about where you are planning to move.
Things you didn’t know about Hawaii
- Hawaii has two official languages
- During the Hawaiian Monarchy, residents of Hawaii were among the most literate in the world.
- Hawaii is the only state with no incorporated cities or towns, just country jurisdictions.
- Hawaii is the only state to host all the branches of the U.S. military.
- Hawaii is home to the longest continuously erupting volcano in recorded history.
- Mauna Kea on the Big Island is the tallest mountain on earth at 33,476 feet from the sea floor.
- Kauai’s highest mountain records as much as 485 inches of rainfall each year.
- The Hawaii Islands are still growing, with the next island expected above water level in 60,000 years.